Search the Catalog
Books From Our Library
The following books will be placed on reserve for the duration of this assignment. You may use them in the library but may not check them out. Please ask one of the library staff for assistance.
- What Jane Austen Ate and Charles Dickens Knew; from fox hunting to Whist-the facts of daily life in Nineteenth Century England
- Not in God's Image: Women in History from the Greeks to the Victorians
- Larousse: Encyclopedia of Modern History from 1500 to Present Day
- The 1800s Headlines in History
- Life in Victorian England
- The Encylopedia of the Victorian World: a Reader's Companion to the People, Places, Events, and Everyday Life of the Victorian Era
- Life in Charles Dickens's England
- Jane Austen's World : the Life and Times of England's Most Popular Author
- Daily Life in Victorian England
- Victorian Childhoods
- Health, Medicine, and Society in Victorian England
Useful Databases and Links
The following links should serve as starting places for your project and be examples of the type of information you should be looking for.
Greenwood Daily Life Online Through History 1*Browse daily life in the ancient world, medieval world, 15th and 16 centuries, 17th and 18th centuries, 19th century, and modern world and find out what it was like.
History In Context: World (Gale) 1*Contextual information on hundreds of the most significant people, events and topics in world history from full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, primary source documents, images, videos, audio files and links to vetted websites.
World Book Encyclopedia 1*Offers information on a range of topics.
Google Advanced Search (.edu)
Try searching using terms from your assignment and adding : .edu so that you'll get better, more appropriate results.