Search the Catalog
Books From Our Library
The following books will be placed on reserve for the duration of this assignment. You may use them in the library but may not check them out. Please ask one of the library staff for assistance.
- What Jane Austen Ate and Charles Dickens Knew; from fox hunting to Whist-the facts of daily life in Nineteenth Century England
- Larousse: Encyclopedia of Modern History from 1500 to Present Day
- Jane Austen's World : the Life and Times of England's Most Popular Author
- Issues of class in Jane Austen's Pride and prejudice
- Jane Austen Her Life
- An Elegant Madness: High Society in Regency England
- Jane Austen In Style
- English Society in the Eighteenth Century, Second Edition (The Penguin Social History of Britain)
- Jane Austen's England: Daily Life in the Georgian and Regency Periods
- Regency England: The Age of Lord Liverpool (Lancaster Pamphlets)
- The Writer's Guide to Everyday Life in Regency and Victorian England from 1811-1901
- Fashion in the Time of Jane Austen (Shire Library)
- Georgette Heyer's Regency World
Useful Databases and Links
The following links should serve as starting places for your project and be examples of the type of information you should be looking for.
Greenwood Daily Life Online Through History 1*Browse daily life in the ancient world, medieval world, 15th and 16 centuries, 17th and 18th centuries, 19th century, and modern world and find out what it was like.
History In Context: World (Gale) 1*Contextual information on hundreds of the most significant people, events and topics in world history from full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, primary source documents, images, videos, audio files and links to vetted websites.
World Book Encyclopedia 1*Offers information on a range of topics.